Be Ready For Heating Season
Warm summer breeze will soon give way to cool crisp nights. This means heating season is right around the corner. Make sure your heating system is ready for that first burst of warm comfy air.
Heating systems are out of sight and out of mind this time of the year, but being proactive now leads to months of worry free heating. Below are a few tips to take into consideration as we prepare for cooler temperatures.
- Schedule a Heating Oil or Propane furnace cleaning and tune up. Just like you car, it runs better and more efficient when its tuned up. Tune ups or cleanings consist of checking, cleaning, or replacing internal fuel nozzles and cleaning soot from burners and air passages. If you have a Heating Oil furnace this can also include replacing the oil filter. A clogged oil filter can reduce the flow of oil which can result in the furnace starving for fuel and having to run longer periods of time to produce the same amount of heat.
- Change your Heating Oil of Propane furnace air filters. If your Heating Oil or Propane furnace cant breath, it cant perform at its best. An old or clogged air filter restricts the amount of air your Heating Oil or Propane furnace can push out to the house. So if you have noticed the amount of air coming from your heating outlets has reduced or doesn’t feel as warm as it used to, a simple replacement of your air filter may do the trick. It is recommended to replace this filter before each heating or cooling season.
- Check Your Heating Oil or Propane Tank For Any Issues. Visually inspect your indoor or outdoor Heating Oil tank, Propane tank, and supply lines. Look for any leaks, kinked lines, loose connections, or rusted areas. Identifying and repairing these issues now leads to un-interrupted heating when you need it most. Tank leaks after a fill up on a inside Heating Oil tank is one of the biggest complaints field. Small repairable leaks that are resolved before the tank is full can eliminate unpleasant odors or interior property damage before its took late. If you notice any issues with your Propane tank or supply lines, please contact us immediately to get it resolved. Propane is a sealed pressurized system that should only be repaired by a professional.
- Keep Paths To Your Heating Oil or Propane Tanks Clear. Keeping open paths to your Heating Oil or Propane tanks and fill pipes keeps our driver safe and helps make our delivery process more efficient. Whether its yard clutter or snow drifts, if we cant find your tank or fill pipes we cant fill your tank.
- Secure Your Upcoming Heating Oil or Propane Supply. We offer many options to cover your Heating Oil and Propane expenses and delivery throughout the year. Use our Pre-Buy or Price Lock plans to lock in your prices for your heating over the upcoming months and protect yourself from price fluctuations. (Enroll by Sept 15th). Enroll in our Automatic Delivery and put your mind at ease when it comes to knowing when to order your fuel. Let us estimate your usage and automatically deliver your Heating Oil or Propane throughout the year. The Automatic Delivery option is FREE to enroll!
- Plan For Delivery Lead Times. If you prefer to keep tabs on your Heating Oil or Propane tank levels throughout the year and call in to order when needed, plan ahead! Although most deliveries are made within a few days, there are times during the heating season when weather conditions and delivery volume effect the timeliness of deliveries. Give yourself plenty of extra time and order your Heating Oil or Propane with about a 2 week supply left in your tank. This gives us plenty of time to make your delivery, and keeps your home from going cold.
- Notify Us Of Any Usage Changes. If you have recently added on to your home, added another heating source, or have been keeping your home warmer than usual, notify us so we can adjust your usage accordingly. If you take advantage of our Automatic Delivery option, your delivery and usage estimates are based on your prior usage, so any major change in Heating Oil or Propane usage needs to be adjusted in our Fuel Delivery System.
If you have any questions about any of the topics listed above or to enroll in any special delivery options or plans, please feel free to reach out to us. We are here to make your home heating a worry free experience.